My Mom told me this morning that Dad's first blessing said that he had a mission still. And my mother and I discussed that this may be his mission, to teach us what we have learned lately. And so Dad, here is what I have learned. Life does not go how we think it will or how we want it to. It is OK to depend on others. I have learned how loving and strong people can be for you when you can not be loving or strong for yourself. Friends from 13 years ago are always there for you to lean on. Josh and Jenn are two of the most kind, loving, and giving people that I know. My Fathers in law will do anything for me. My Ozzy is stronger than I give him credit for and my Wiwi is really just a fragile little girl under her strong shell. I have learned that You really truly love my Mother. I have learned that Mom, well, is Mom. It is amazing how little I knew of her before. I have learned patience, (which seems to be a constant lesson for me). I have learned what s strong person I can be when need be and also how tender and soft I am. And mostly I have learned how much I love you and will miss you.
Dad is showing no signs of improvement. The doctors all keep using the word pessimistic. I asked, is he dying and when? The doctor said, you have three choices. Stop everything and see what happens, stop dialysis and keep on with blood and meds, or keep doing everything. So today presents us with a family choice. It will be a tough choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jenn & All
ReplyDeleteI just want to say Thank- you for keeping all of us down here in the sticks in formed.
Grandma (Ardell) ask often how Jeff is doing.
Our payers are with all of you.During this hard time.
We love you all
Ted ,Lynda & all the rest.
ps. Tell Jeff, his brother( Ted ) still does not e-mail.
We're still praying for you all. Praying for health, for peace and for understanding.
ReplyDeleteYou are loved.
Jen Flint
I know it's been sometime since I've seen you all but I want you to know that I love you and my prayers have been with you since the night we received a phone call telling us that Uncle Jeff was sick. I cherish fondly my memories of family reunions like the one when Uncle Jeff helped Lindsey and I roller blade down a steep drive way over and over and over for what I'm sure turned into several hours. Or when he and Aunt Geri visited Arizona and came to the renaissance fair where I was working and made me feel pretty special. There is so much love I feel for and have felt from your family and am grateful that I have the opportunity to share our family ties.
ReplyDeleteI love you all and am praying for you all.
Thanks for being my family.
Love your cousin and niece,
Melissa Glaus